• Please remember to check your spam/junk folders after registration - Gmail in particular sends our emails to spam/junk.

TCSR 2019

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All and welcome to TouringCar-SimRacing (TCSR).

Most of you will have made it over from the email sent from Racing-Leagues.com, so welcome back.

Wanted to see if anyone is interested in getting the band back together and getting back to some racing this year.

I thought we'd go back to our roots and get stuck in with what we are good at, touring cars and rfactor 2. These are where we had the most success before and had a good active community.

There are some really good options out there: V8 Supercars (FVR are just updating their mod to 2018), BTCC, the new GT3 and GTE cars from Studio 397, Flat 6 mod has been updated and we always have Clio's for a bit of a warm up.

So before spending a load of time on website configuration and renting race servers, I thought I'd see what interest there is if any! Hopefully you guys fancy getting back on track.

Assetto Corsa Competizione and to some extend PCARS2 are also very good options.

So let me know what you think and see if we can get something running. Usual Saturday mornings (UK)/Saturday nights Oceania and Wednesday nights UK.

Carl

Hey Steve. I'm not too bothered for rfactor 2, I never really thought that much of it and I wouldn't want to invest money in it. If you do something with iRacing, PC2 I have both of them and would probably consider buying ACC, but as far as I can see there isn't a whole load of content for that yet?

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Carl! Sorry mate iRacing just doesn't click for me. It also never really took off for us, loads of other leagues makes it hard to get any traction.

rF2 is damned good value with all the mods out there.

ACC is about to go for general release next week, might be worth picking up before the price goes up. Very very good, but obviously limited to GT3 and certain tracks.

Let's see what people come back with.

Carl

Me and Ian are already GT racing on iRacing, so I don't mind that discipline. I'll have another look at ACC, but just see if there's any bog demand for anything. If people come back and want to go with rfactor then do that, I don't expect anybody to do what I want. It's about getting the numbers at the end of the day.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy Steve,
You can count me in mate for all platforms, be keen to get the old crew back together and cut some laps again as we did in the past. RF2 has come a very long way, loving it.

Bruce

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Steve and all,

Been seeing the updates to the rF2 BTCC mod and it does look good.
I'm up for any racing but i may be moving soon, possible job over the west, so that may hold me up for a little while but i will defo be around somewhere.

Got them all anyway so im ok with anything.
Got ACC but still haven't actually ran it yet.

Hi all, I joined racing leagues, as it was winding down I guess, hoping to race the v8s but didn't get the chance. I'd still love to race those in a league, if I can make times and days work. Possibly other touring cars or GT too.

Hey Brett, well thx. Where have you been racing?
I haven’t done any races since our league broke up, been so busy working long hours, just no energy left to race. Just a practice session here and there. I’m also moving in the next month or two so that will take me out of contention for at least four months.
Looking forward to seeing hopefully everyone back on track

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy Brett, time to get some racing going again i think.
Has anyone tried out that new SOL mod for AC? Bloody hell its a game changer!!!

@bert I haven’t raced for months, my rig is packed up and in the loft, I sold the wheel and pedals, I miss it though so I need to order a new wheel before I get going, I reckon I’ll be ready by the end of May.

@Dan Ill have a look in to that mod and I’m definitely keen to race again

Bruce

Administrator
Staff member
Well i wont be around much at them moment.

Just been made redundant from work and so will be looking at moving across the country as my wife works over the West.
Wont have access to my PC fully until we get a place over there and get fully setup.

But i will still be around the site though......and my PS4 ;)

ian

howdo guys, good to see!
iv got right into the gt's with iracing, im wanting to do some of the big endurance races but im sure i could find the time for some v8s and stuff.
iv not done any rf2 for ages, its about time i fired it up again